Only 3 ingredients! Thanks to Grandma Bev for her Chocolate Oreo Balls recipe, which led to this slightly altered version. She made some for the holidays and nobody could eat just one. I changed it up only because I love dark chocolate.
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 package (16 oz.) Oreo cookies, crushed (I used a store brand and it was about 40 cookies)
12 oz. dark chocolate bark/bar, chopped (I used 4 packages of “Endangered Species Natural Dark Chocolate with Espresso Beans” which donate 10% of net profits to endangered animals)
- Using a blender or mixer, mix the cream cheese with Oreo cookies.
- Roll into about 1-inch balls, using wax paper to set them on if you need to
- Chill for at least 30 minutes
- Melt the chopped chocolate bars or bark in the microwavable bowl, 1 minute at a time, stirring occasionally
- Using a toothpick or two spoons, roll the balls in the melted chocolate to coat. Set aside on wax paper or on a wire rack
- Chill again for at least 30 minutes, the longer the better. Serve cold or room temperature.