- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter (or margarine, if you prefer). You can do this in a microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning or your favorite herbs.
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic finely, then add to butter sauce.
- Drizzle while warm or baste with a brush onto bread to make garlic toast.
Bacon… and… Eggs.
The most simple yet satisfying breakfast I can think of.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Align bacon on baking dish.
- Place bacon in oven for about 10 minutes or until desired crisp.
- In a small pan, spray lightly with non–stick spray, and crack 2 eggs in (I wouldn’t do more than 3 at a time).
- Add salt and pepper.
- Keep on medium–low heat.
- Immediately place a lid on. I like my eggs over–easy so it takes just a few minutes.
If your eggs are very fresh, you’ll notice a layer that isn’t cooking very well. Tilt the pan back and forth a little until the edges of this layer reaches the heat. That helps. FYI: This layer is called the middle albumen and is very high in protein and riboflavin!
The bacon looks super greasy here so I normally place them on paper towels when they’re done.
I would always like at least one piece of toast to sweep up what’s left of the yolk on my plate.